Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BLUSH CRAZY!

Hey Everyone!

 Lately I have become obsessed with BLUSH! These are just few Rimmel blushes I found at Target on clearance that I was super impressed with and also some BOURJOIS blushers that I am loving!

So for anyone that doesn't know BOURJOIS was a brand that was carried at Sephora until a couple years back when I started to notice they didn't have it anymore, I loved their eyeliners! At that point to be honest I kind of forgot all about the brand but I was in my local Shoppers Drug Mart the other day and they had a whole section in the beauty boutique (our shoppers in Canada are split into two make sections, one for drug store and the beauty boutiques which are for the high end products). I was super excited and started playing with EVERYTHING but found myself coming back to their blushers. I picked  up the three I couldn't bring myself to put down.





The first two of these blushers are more on the shimmery side which I don't mind at all and the last one in the pic is far more matter. All three of these are super pigmented and very smooth when applied and bendable which is a huge plus. I've heard people compare these to the Chanel blushers but these are a fraction of the price! The names on most of their products are in French and I'm guessing that's because it's a French company.

03 Brun Cuivre



34 Rose D'Or




74 Rose Ambre


And here are the three all side by side:



03           34         74

Out of all the colors they had at the store theses were the three I liked the most but just to let you know there were a few that when I swatched them the color pay off just wasn't there so if your interested in buying there please test them before hand!

On to the Rimmel blushes which I have to say for a drug store blush they really stood out to me. I found these very pigmented and easy to use. So many times with drug store blushes I find that you get no color pay off or you get them on your cheeks and they don't blend at all!




I don't like they way that Rimmel named these blushes and for the most part the name doesn't even come close to matching the color so I'll try and make that a little less confusing for you, I almost didn't buy one of them cause they called it Mauve and it's the most amazing peach color.

006 Autumn Catwalk
This one is the triple color blush and after playing with it I liked all the colors on their own but the color it makes when you swril all three together is just so pretty!




The med pink color on the far end is all three mixed together, I love it!



002 Mauve Cool  is the first swatch and the name couldn't be more wrong! It the most beautiful peachy color with shimmer!



The Middle swatch is 018 Pink Sorbet and the last one is 003 Pink Rose.

I think that is the hardest part of buying drug store blushes because you don't get to try them before you buy them and sometimes names can be very deceiving!

Well I hope this was informative and help you guys out a little! Thanks for reading and if you want more information check out the video:






Smiles and Sunshine,

Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment